Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Melvin/Buddy


















Thank you to Heartland, from the bottom of my heart for saving my dear boy, Buddy.

I have a female lab that’ has known nothing but love, from birth and we wanted a friend for her.

I had been scouring the various rescue agencies looking for that “one that spoke to my heart” when I came across this beautiful yellow Labrador , then called ‘Melvin’ on Heartland’s site. I immediately contacted Donna, via the website, and we got to meet Buddy at Bark in the Park the following week. I knew that very day that he was the dog for me, and he and Gracie got along perfectly. I could not believe that someone would dump such a beautiful, loving and pure bred Labrador retriever!

He was a little shy at first, due to his experiences prior to coming to Heartland, but after a few weeks of adjusting to his new home, he blossomed.

Buddy’s favorite activities are taking long walks, playing water fetch, laying in his momma’s bed with Gracie and being with his family.

He truly is a ‘Best Friend’ and I can’t thank Heartland enough for rescuing him, and allowing me to bring him into my family.

If anyone ever tells you that rescue dogs are ‘rejects’, DON’T LISTEN! Rescue’s have even more love to give you, because of that fact, and I fully believe that they KNOW that they have been given a second chance, and they will give you more love than you can ever imagine! I now have a friend for life that’s made my little pack complete!

( Although if I had my way, I’d probably rescue every dog that I see )…….. Thank you again to the wonderful Heartland Family for making this possible for Buddy and me, and so many others.

Angie French

No comments: