Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Max & Tessa



Hello Friends and Family,
I know some of you no longer live in this area, but I thought you might still have some friends or family in this area that you could forward this email to. I am writing this email to let you all know about Heartland Humane Society. A wonderful organization I found about 14 months ago. After I had to put my Spooky to sleep, I was desperate to find a couple of kitties to help fill the void. I searched online for local facilities and found Heartland. They are a local humane society that works through the PetsMart on Hwy. K in O'Fallon, Missouri, but the majority of their animals are fostered in private homes. I was put in touch with a wonderful woman named Cheri, who invited me to her home to see the kitties she had for adoption. I have to tell you how impressed I was with her fostering. These kitties had the best set up I had ever seen. Their own rooms, toys galore, chairs and kitty condos at every window, and much much more. You could tell these were not just fosters to Cheri, these were her babies. There were many to choose from, but I instinctively knew which two I wanted. I adopted Max and Tessa, a pair of siblings.
As expected I had a few questions at first. Cheri was always happy to answer my emails and phone calls. And fourteen months later she is still happy to offer advise or just chat about the kitties whenever we get the chance or have the need. And Max and Tessa are doing very great! I do not know of many organizations that offer that kind of service. In the past 14 months, I have brought animals to Heartland that needed homes (and they all have found wonderful homes), I have donated carts full of items they are in constant need of, and I have tried to spread the word about them. That's why I am sending this email, to spread the word. If you are ever looking for a pet, please check them out. You will find animals that have been well cared for and for very reasonable adoption fees. The next time I am looking for a pet, they are the only place I will call! Check out their website and see for yourself! http://heartlandhumanemo.homestead.com/
Thanks! Jodi
p.s. I attached two photos of Max & Tessa, one from when I first adopted them and a very recent pic.
p.s.s. Don't forget to forward this to anyone you think might be interested!

No comments: